`

`

news blog logo The Empty Chamber: What's Past Is Prologue

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What's Past Is Prologue



A wise President once made that statement. If you have read this blog you know which side of the fence I’m on, I don’t hide it. And I’m not here to beg for last minute votes for Barack Obama. And I’m not here to gloat, because to tell you the truth I’m not even sure if we are going to get it this time.

It has been a hard election cycle to say the least. It would be a double loss for Obama if he lost this one. I was sad to hear this his grandmother (the woman who raised him) has died before she could see this improbable journey come to pass.

All I can say is that I do not regret one second of the work I was involved in with the Obama campaign. In fact I would like to say that I admire the work that McCain staffers have done, even thought I don’t agree with them. They have however taken a stand for something.

It’s a growing problem in this country, even more for young people, who don’t seem to take a stand on anything. As Terence Mann, character in the famous Iowa filmed movie Field of Dreams said “a passion is still a passion” no matter what it is.

I know I’m going to catch fire for this but the truth is that at times I wanted to disown my county because of its totalitarian policies created under George Bush. But that changed one day in 2004 I met a man running for senate named Barack Obama. I didn’t know that he would run for president so soon after his election to the senate. However like Kennedy also a junior senator and a catholic (a double minority). Once said “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” I believe this journey will not be easy, nor should it be. But right now I must put away any petty prejudice I have and be a stronger man.

It’s two hours until the polls open and I’m ready for change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker The Empty Chamber Trademark 1995-2007 Zander Kaufman