`

`

news blog logo The Empty Chamber: Local Politics- Another Battle of Words

Monday, November 07, 2005

Local Politics- Another Battle of Words

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Tomorrow is the primary city council and mayoral election for my little town here in Iowa. My mail box has been over flowing with flyers and postcards telling to vote for this person because he likes family values or the other one because he likes fighter fighters.

Well what are family values? Are they equal right for all that are selected? After all, it was family values that made gays and lesbians second class citizens and made hating them ok and to some point pushed back rights for non-whites for the earlier part of the 20th century. The whole problem with family values is that every family is different and unique in their own way and that’s great. I don’t care how you run your own family, don’t run mine.
Some candidates are endorsed by firefighters. Their great brave people but their politics sucks, firefighters for John Kerry, little good that did.

Its words like committed to the community, pro-jobs and committed to lowering taxes that turn me off. Tell me something I haven’t heard before or better yet, tell me something I don’t want to hear. Take the chance to change my mind. Who knows it might work; God knows you haven’t tried it yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DigitalKoans Blog Archive Scholarly Electronic Publishing Weblog Update
The latest update of the Scholarly Electronic Publishing Weblog is now available, which provides brief information on 17 new journal issues and other resources.
Well done blog, I have one you might be interested in, ##Radio Memories#, it has ##old time radio ## at ##OTR##

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker The Empty Chamber Trademark 1995-2007 Zander Kaufman