`

`

news blog logo The Empty Chamber: It’s all about the O! Bad advertising in a Weak Culture

Sunday, November 06, 2005

It’s all about the O! Bad advertising in a Weak Culture

I talked about Sabine Ehrenfeld, the Woman from the Overstock.com commercials, you know, the big O! chick. I don’t know what your selling, but you sure look good selling it.
I am now convinced that the advertisers in this county are going to extreme lengths and cheeps tricks. I think the problem is people have collectively changed since September, 11 2001.

Ever since then people have been in a collective daze, time is speeding up according to some people And therefore we don’t have time to waste. National polls taken before and after September, 11 show that more people in record numbers are thinking about death then before September, 11.

People don’t take time to read books anymore. Book selling has gone up and book readership has gone down. Television ads for popular shows are becoming cheep and I’m not talking about sweeps months. Watch any trailer form a popular prime time program, I myself watch very few. But you’ll see that when compared to the actual episode, its nothing like the trailer. Just trickery in editing.

What does all this matter? I don’t know. I think its showing a cheapening and dubbing down of our culture. I’m not by any means breaking a story here and I’m not the only one thinking this way. I just hope I’m not the only one saying it. Perhaps we are now as one man said once; nothing more then a county of used car salesman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker The Empty Chamber Trademark 1995-2007 Zander Kaufman